Ruins Behind Church-2/21/07

For quite some time now I've had vauge memories of a building that was located behind a local church. I first saw this building back in like 1990 when I was in boyscouts and had forgotton about it until about 6 months ago. Because I was not exactly sure where this place was I never got around to even looking for it until this afternoon. I headed out around 2 PM on my short walk to the church. As I entered the woods behind the church I was met by barricades of thorn bushes. I worked my way through them and was faced with my destination. The building, now nothing more than ruins, was not what I was hoping for or expecting but I made due with what I had to work with. Photos by: PunkUE



The chimmney was all that was left


Another angle


From the other side of foundation


Ash trap


like I wouldnt climb that


Shelves from rocks


Woodstove


AHHH SHADOW PEOPLE!!!


Looking down the foundation


Nails


Front steps


Macro of moss on steps


0o0oh Scary


Retro


Dr. Pepper


I stood the fridge to photograph them both at once


Soda machine

Logo

Machinary

Fuse boxes
Not sure what this is
Another angle
Water heater
Some kind of tank

Shanty
Shrooms
Fire pit
From the right front
Nature

Fuzzy
Log bridge

Time marked tree Part.1
Part 2
Part 3

2 comments:

commodon said...

I'm fairly certain that the item you are not sure what it is, is a traditional wooden apple press.

Ryan Ademan said...

Thanks man. I'm pretty sure you're right. I ran into a few of them at an old orchard I explored a year or two ago, and the person I was with identified them as the same.