Chased Away-2/3/07

Today I went back to the Leavens Awards Company to get more photographs for a video I'm making. I entered the building as usual and geared up once inside. I began walking around the office parts of the building when suddenly out of the silence I heard someone shout, "Anybody inside, get out now. We have the place surrounded." I figured it sounded a little too action movie for me, so I didn't fully believe it. I imagined it to be some kids having fun trying to act tough so I slowly crept into an office and peaked out the window. No bullshit, there were six police cars parked outside about 25 feet away. Hoping they hadn't seen me yet, I made a mad dash for the other side of the building nearest the manufacturing area. I peeled back a corner of metal grating covering the window and jumped out. Behind me I heard one of the cops yell, "Over there!" I still had my respirator strapped to my head and a flashlight in my hand but I knew the area all around the building fairly well so I knew where exactly to go to find a hole in the fence leading to the train tracks. I hopped across the tracks like a bunny running from a predator. On the other side of the tracks lay, Dun Dun Dun...The Drain Outflows from one of my previous posts. I figured this was my best bet for a successful evasion. I climbed into the outflow just far enough as to not be seen if they did, in fact, look inside. I could hear them on top of the outflow walking around, and at one point I even saw a flashlight beam shine into the outflow pipe. I was just around a bend in the drain, so his light didn't hit me. I waited until all the sounds disappeared and slowly crawled into the light at the end of the tunnel. I climbed out and headed through the woods back to where I had parked. I made it away to explore another day. All in all one of the more fun experiences I've had while Urban Exploring. I only walked out with 4 pictures. Two of which were blurry, one which was unusable, and one with horrible light painting. Here's the 3 usable ones. What a waste. -PunkUE out





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an action movie ;). Glad you evaded the unfun guys.