Frozen Deadlands-2/7/07

Yesterday I was out looking for a manhole to pop, when I first saw the "Frozen Deadlands". The beauty of this place is out of control. The ice must've been at least 6 to 8 inches thick and I figured if I wanted to get some nice shots, now was my chance. I walked around the frozen lake until I could no longer feel my fingers and called it a day. The photos dont really illustrate how gorgeous this place was. Seeing it through ones eyes in person is the only way to really understand, but I did my best to capture it and I hope you all enjoy. -PunkUE


First sight upon arrival.


Looking up one of the dead trees


The "Soft Spot"

Peek-A-Boo!

Trees from out of the ice

The start of the sunset

Self photo

The sunset while walking down the trail
The frozen waterfall on my way home

Closer shot of the ice

SO... That was my day and I had a really good time walking around the "Frozen Deadlands". Maybe I'll return in the summer and photograph it then as well for comparison. -PunkuE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This place reminds me of some of the lakes we had in our small town in Indiana where I grew up. They are beautiful shots.