Scouting The Jungle Drain- 5/14/07

I was looking around the 716 in Providence on Local Live the other day when I noticed another large drain not far from it. I couldn't get a very clear view on my laptop so I decided to pick up Mr. Meister and go check it out in person. We started our trip on the same rock dugout thing the All Saints Drain flows into when flooded. We walked a long way down that trench until it suddenly ended turning to a jungle like habitat. It was actually alot of fun walking around the nasty orange sludge puddles. I didn't want to take many photos because it would have been really dull for the website. Along the way we ran into a dead raccoon and some kind of old overgrown bridge with a 20 foot hollow underside. I don't know anything about it except people like to paint on it and its floor is covered in a thick orange sludge and I like to walk under it. Snapped a few photos there and went off again in search of the drain. After a little more jungle we reached this large round drain with about a 4 foot river running through it. Mr. Meister had plans for the afternoon so we headed back to the car with the satisfaction of knowing we have a new drain to explore when we get bored sometime. Thanks to Crystal and Brian for loaning me the camera for this post. -PunkUE Out




























No comments: