Luanas Mexican Hat Half Demo- 8/16/07

I had previously scouted this building once before, but ruled it out due to lack of information about the place. This was one of those places that you could never tell whether it was actually abandoned or not. Anyways, KareBear was reading a local newspaper the other day when she came across an article about a demolition taking place at the location in the future for an expanding gas station next door. There was no date for the demo in the paper so we figured we'd go check it out before they got to it. As we got closer our fears had been realized. We didn't make it in time, but there was still a sweet little chunk to explore left for us, so a little is better than none. From what I could see in what was left and the rubble this restaurant must have been a really nice place when it was open. The few people I know who have dined there said that it was as well. Here's some from our trip. -PunkUE











































THE MEXICAN HAT!!!!!!!!







3 comments:

kelsey said...

free unlabelled booze in dusted bottles? :D
safe!!

Anonymous said...

I think I know this place, is it the place near Yankee Spirits? I've always been curious about it, thanks for posting.

Ryan Ademan said...

Yep. Sure was. The decided to tear it down for the expanding Exxon next door. Theres afew other places around that are I stil have yet to check out. I'm glad I got to at least see parts of this.