Taunton State Hospital-Outside The Gates-1/15/07

A few days ago a rumor was started within the UE community that The Historic Preservation Society was going to be hosting an "open house" where they were to be opening the gates to the abandoned Taunton State Hospital for all to walk around the exterior of the building and take in it's beauty. 2 days after the rumor was started it was revealed as a hoax when the origional information source posted a supposed link to a newspaper article about it and a phone number for more info. The link was to a photo of some douchebags with "haha" painted above them and the phone number was a rejection hotline. I had already made plans to go and saw no reason why not to go even if the gates would be locked tight as usual. Overall Im glad I went. It was a dismal, foggy afternoon and I got some great photos of a gorgeous building. Photos taken by: PunkUE























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog- that's pertty funny that they gave the rejection hotline number.
I'm researching this actually - any way you could give me a link to where the rumor started or how to get the pictures with the "haha"? This would help me out a lot-
Thanks again!

-Vicki Branan
vickib@rhbrands.com

Ryan Ademan said...

I looked for the origional page the links were posted on and they've been permanently deleted. Sorry

Sentinel said...

Hey what's up PunkUE. It's Sentinel from UER. I just got my site up and running. Stop by and tell me what you think. Later