Homelss Take Notice- 11/25/07

After Turrel and I got into providence, we were debating whether to head straight to the big location of the day or to check out a smaller building right down the street first. We decided to check it out and I'm glad we did. We started out on the first floor, climbing in a window only to later realize the front door was unlocked(an occurance that often happens around me).First floor was scattered with trash and other random shit including a veterans sign asking for change, some really smart math? type shit, police line, and clothes. Pretty boring and uneventful. We headed up the not so safe stairs to the second floor only to find, what seemed like, a really nice little place some homeless had cleaned up and were apparently living in. They weren't there when we arrived so we explored it. Lots of character in such a little place. I'd love to meet whoever stays there. Not too many pictures, but we wanted to get to the main attraction for the day. -PunkUE



















Now seeing this was a nice little surprise. To find out more about Urban Curators click on their link on the bottom of my page. I always liked what they were doing.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this place a lot. For what the guy had to work with, he made it pretty cozy. If he had a mattress and a lock for the door I'd dare say it would even be comfortable.

We had a nice build-up on that trip, regardless of not getting to hit up everything. The house started some really quick excitement, the shack built up some nice visuals, and the next piece just topped it off for a great finish.

PS. I'm going to look into getting some bolt cutters before our next trip, just to be safe. I still haven't been able to confirm what was said, but in the worst case, is there any chance you might be able to get your hands on some or something adequate? Like I said, better to have them if or when we do this.

Ryan Ademan said...

We can stop on the way and see if mine are still where I left them. It's been a few onths though so its not a positive and not all that likely. Send me an email with more detail about the location and let me know every detail you know. we might be able to bypass them all together. And I don't know if you have one, but if you know exactly where it is try and locate it on a map and send me that as well.